gaia x kauf dich glücklich (engl. Buy yourself happy)
There is no way around. Political and social changes towards a more sustainable world are inevitable. Therefore we need more than just small solutions. We need to address the mainstream! Every single human being. The topics of climate change, energy transition or species extinction concerns everyone! Which is why it is about time that we all start working and acting together to make a change. For this project we at gaia have collaborated with the Berlin based company “kauf dich glücklich” and created an edition that brings together sustainability with fashion, and that makes the topic of plastic waste and it’s consequences more accessible to the broad masses…after all, changing the world is allowed to be fun and look pretty! Be the change you want to see! #begaia
Gaia Wrap is a natural, reusable cling film – and a practical answer to an urgent problem: plastic waste!
Our alternative to plastic cling film consists of organic cotton, organic beeswax, organic jojoba oil and tree resin. That’s it. The wax protects against bacteria, the oil against fungi and UV light. On top of that Gaia Wrap is breathable and mould-free.
All components of Gaia Wrap are certified organic, except for tree resin. We are hand-manufacturing in Hamburg.
- 1 Item 20x20cm Beeswax Wrap
- 1 Item 30x30cm Beeswax Wrap
- Organic Cotton
- Organic Beeswax
- Organic Jojoba Oil
- Tree Resin
- Place the beeswax wrap on a bowl or around your object of choice
- Use your warm hands to make Gaia Wrap wrap closely around the content
- Let go and that’s it.
- After using Gaia you can just easily rinse it with cold water and reuse it as often as you like.
- Rinse or wash gaia Wrap with cold water
- Dry it off or let it air-dry
- Try not to expose gaia Wrap to heat or hot food
- In case of cracks, place gaia Wrap in a cloth onto wax-dense paper before leaving it in the oven at 80°C for a few minutes. Let it cool down after.
- Don’t rinse gaia Wrap with hot water
- Don’t wrap raw meat of fish
- The handling and care of the product determines it’s durability
- Handle your gaia Wrap with care after every use
- Hands can get sticky after every use due to the beeswax, in principle that’s not a problem