TOGETHER AGAINST PLASTIC!
The reason why we decided to unite forces with designer Marina Hoermanseder to create a very special edition of our beeswax wraps is simple:
“we don’t need a handful of people being perfectly sustainable – we need millions of people doing it imperfectly”
We believe that every small step towards a green future is important. After all, many small steps multiplied millions of times makes one huge step as a society.
remember – “nothing changes if nothing changes!”
We donate 1€ per set sold to Marina’s beloved project Hong Kong Paws Foundation, based in Hong Kong to rescue cats and dogs and give them a better life.
You can find Karla’s interview with Marina in our magazine.
Have fun with this very special edition!
Gaia Wrap is a natural, reusable cling film – and a practical answer to an urgent problem: plastic waste!
Our alternative to plastic cling film consists of organic cotton, organic beeswax, organic jojoba oil and tree resin. That’s it. The wax protects against bacteria, the oil against fungi and UV light. On top of that Gaia Wrap is breathable and mould-free.
All components of Gaia Wrap are certified organic, except for tree resin. We are hand-manufacturing in Hamburg.
Sustainable from A-Z
Sustainable from A-Z
- 1 Item 20x20cm Beeswax Wrap
- 1 Item 30x30cm Beeswax Wrap
- Organic Cotton
- Organic Beeswax
- Organic Jojoba Oil
- Tree Resin
- Place the beeswax wrap on a bowl or around your object of choice
- Use your warm hands to make Gaia Wrap wrap closely around the content
- Let go and that’s it.
- After using Gaia you can just easily rinse it with cold water and reuse it as often as you like.
- Rinse or wash gaia Wrap with cold water
- Dry it off or let it air-dry
- Try not to expose gaia Wrap to heat or hot food
- In case of cracks, place gaia Wrap in a cloth onto wax-dense paper before leaving it in the oven at 80°C for a few minutes. Let it cool down after.
- Don’t rinse gaia Wrap with hot water
- Don’t wrap raw meat of fish
- The handling and care of the product determines it’s durability
- Handle your gaia Wrap with care after every use
- Hands can get sticky after every use due to the beeswax, in principle that’s not a problem